KANNFINCH – a brief history
• 1962 – Founded by Alexander Kann and Barry Finch.
• 1974 – Established Intergroup Interiors as part of parent group.
• 1982 – One of the first practices in Australia to utilise CAD
• 1992 – Facility planning added to our range of consultancy services
• 1994 – Beijing office established
• 1996 – Master Planning and Urban Design added to our consultancy services
• 2002 – Melbourne office established
• 2006 – Dubai office established
Our international experience started with a major office building project in Auckland, New Zealand. This was followed by numerous large scale projects in China and the United Arab Emirates (UAE). These projects were (and still are) testimony to our multidisciplinary and collaborative design approach – that resonate with multiple cultures and clients around the globe.
Our interest and involvement with projects throughout the Asian region has been on-going. We started working on UAE projects in 2004 – acting as lead consultant – to deliver significant landmark projects in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Our Dubai office continues to service the Middle East region with project work in Kazakhstan, Afghanistan, Iran, Bahrain, Jordan and Saudi Arabia.
Our Built Environment
Throughout Australia and overseas over the last 50 years, KANNFINCH has designed or contributed towards the successful delivery of more than 550 projects, comprising approximately:
• 45 significant masterplans
• 80 major high rise buildings
• 4000 residential dwellings
• 2.0 million sqm of corporate interiors
• 5.5 million sqm of building area